Thursday, June 23, 2011

Getting nervous...

I want to start or at least continue chronicling my journey through this period of my life. I feel that nervous feeling when you are packing for a trip and you are SURE you have forgotten something.
I THINK I am ready for surgery, there is A LOT of preparation. This has not been an easy journey. I started all of this in November, and here I am, less than 2 weeks until my surgery and I have lost over 40 lbs, I have quit smoking, I haven't had caffeine, carbonation, or fast food. I exercise (when I am allowed), I take a million vitamins, 4 different times a day, and I am sure there is more that I have had to change.
I know that when I see people I haven't seen and I am smaller they will assume that surgery was an "easy way out". But I know better, so do the people who have had to put up with me through all these life changes. Surgery is a tool, and will help, but the major life long changes are mine to keep up.
So, I have my mushy foods, clean house... I am gonna be on my back for 2 weeks, and possibly throwing up the 3rd after surgery.
I have a few more pre-op appointments left, and then I will have to update on my progress as I heal. I would love to eventually put together a book (of sorts) with pictures and blogs, and then see this whole process in writing. So if this has gotten boring- you can stop reading! :) Sorry, probably should have warned you at the beginning! So rude of me.
XO

1 comment:

  1. Not boring Anna. I'm rooting for you! I would be interested in seeing your progress for sure! I'm so proud of you!!!
    Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete